Friday, June 6, 2008

Lost Wallet

Yesterday was the worst day of my life or at least it felt like that yesterday. The day began really the night before with the loss of my wallet. I can remember driving to walmart for toothpaste, mouthwash, and a pack of blank dvds. I went through the self checkout line. I scanned my items and put them in the bag. I pulled my brown wallet out of my front pocket, pulled out a 20 and thats where my memory stops. According to the security cam which I had to beg the manager to watch, I put the wallet in my pocket and headed out the front door. I was slightly distracted by the cute girl who walked in front of me and tried not to laugh when another customers bag broke open spilling out its contents everywhere. I guess karma is true because somewhere between that moment and driving to my friend's home, my wallet disappeared. I know it was genuine leather and the cow it came from had been long dead, but my wallet still had some run in it because it completely vanished. I combed completely over my friend's house. I drove around the parking lot of his apartment complex. I accused my friend of taking it as a joke. I flew to walmart and demanded to see the security camera. I then went home empty handed and empty pocketed. I tried to sleep but to no avail. Then as if to make my day/night even better the power went out. So I sat in my room, pouting. I had lost my driver's license, social security card, debit card, speedway rewards card, library card, and 100 dollars. I also lost a few email addresses from people in the philippines, so if you are reading this and I don't send you an email, I'm sorry. Well as the day progressed, it got hotter and hotter. I got angrier and angrier. Then it hit me. There have been far greater travesties in the world then the lost of my wallet and electricity. I had just come from a place a few days earlier where people are happy to live off 5 dollars a day. I am still blessed to have life. I can still talk, walk, and use my arms. So yesterday was bad, but God still deserves praise on even our worst days. I am sure that there will be many more days, that I will come to rue. I am sure that the loss of my wallet will not compare in the slighest to the loss of friends and family. But even on those days, God will still deserve praise.
It reminds me of a song, called Jury Duty. Its by the OC Supertones. Its a story about another guys bad day. Here it is:



God will give and take away, still I will say, blessed be the Lord.


Update: My wallet is still missing but the power is back on.

No comments: